FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checked Luggage & Connecting in JNB
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:22 pm
redrose59

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Sorry SurreyFlightPath, my "worse things in life" was aimed at myself and certainly not you. (I feel I shouldn't be moaning when I'm so lucky to be able to fly off to fantastic places).
I find huge queues very frustrating especially after a long haul flight and the thought of having to get our luggage and then go through the check in, security etc etc once again isn't something I'm looking forward to. The most frustrating thing is that we are using a 2-4-1 voucher, the JNB-WDH leg is a separate revenue ticket and although it's a BA/Comair flight can't be added to the 2-4-1 booking.
We are going to book the Bidair VIP service to ease our way through ORT, we used it last year when we needed to pick up our hire car and to start our drive up to Botswana. It worked really well and for our circumstances at that time was well worth it. We have left as much time as possible between flights incase of delays arriving into JNB so that we don't miss our flight to WDH........fingers crossed! On our return we are flying straight from JNB to LHR so won't have to worry about a connection.
We also have a trip to JNB in 4 weeks time but as we are just staying with friends won't bother with the VIP service as we won't be in a rush..........I'll be the grumpy old woman in the immigration queue though Lol.