FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAD -- TLV in C?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 am
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by shuly
You say "we" so I assume there are two of you. In that case, RJ may work for you. I flew AMM-JFK and was underwhelmed. The seats are cramped and if you're in a window seat, you have very little privacy and can't leave your seat without disturbing your neighbor. The soft product was also meh.
Iberia, OTOH, has excellent hard and soft products on their widebodies. So if you can have an IB codeshare for JFK-MAD, especially if it's the (brand new) A350, grab it. Then on MAD-TLV they often use widebodies, which as mentioned above are great, but even their 319s are OK (sort of like domestic F in the US).
Consider also the flight times. On TLV-JFK, RJ leaves around 8am whereas IB will require a much earlier start.

Shuly
Yes, it's my husband and me. We are going to a wedding so the date when we fly to TLV is somewhat fixed (we have a little flexibility). Coming back we still have flexibility. I can't quite figure this out. My husband seems to think it's better to break up the flight. Go to Madrid on AA's business class. Stretch out a bit in the lounge, then take a decent business class on to TLV. I tend to think less could go wrong on a longer flight in a decent business class to Amman, then take the hop over to TLV. I just don't know. First time in awhile I'm at a loss.