FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:51 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That's the primary revenue source on longhaul? Wouldn't have been my guess given the relatively modest cabin sizes for this class in typical BA configurations but I would defer to those on here with greater knowledge (one of whom will no doubt be along shortly to correct me)....
WTP is the money maker for the space it has, CW is the winner in absolute cash terms, First makes the least money for the space. Broadly speaking there is good business case for getting rid of First, expanding CW slightly and giving more space to WTP, but other branding and marketing factors mean BA won't be doing this. The way it works is WT and First covers costs, WTP and CW provides the gross margin as a massive over-simplification.