FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:30 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Oh gawd, just as I was starting to get comfortable with EK, the way they do things, & build some redeemable points, are they starting on EY's slippery slope? Hopefully they are not going to take any further tips from EY's "management" though....
I hope not, and I don't think so.

It's a sad devaluation, and I was quite disappointed (still am) when I heard the news. That being said, if one takes a step back and looks at it rationally, no other airline in the world offers a global complimentary chauffeur drive service at all, even for revenue pax, since EY cut it, and unlike lounge access or a fast track card for security it is a significant additional cost to the airline for pax which provide no or very little incremental revenue, in some cases where there is poor revenue management possibly even negative marginal revenue, as the seat could have been sold to a revenue pax. I really hope they don't cut it for J Savers and I'd have hoped that they maybe at least keep it around in DXB for award travel, but ultimately I understand the decision. An option might be to allow pax to pay an extra 3000 or 5000 miles per segment to add chauffeur drive to an award or upgraded itinerary