FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:18 am
NTP9766

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When you talk about MCE and Y+ they are two different products. Just want you to know that on flights to Hawaii from the west coast you will get MCE, not Y+. On flights from DFW depending on aircraft when you travel you might get Y+.

Has AA told you how much it would cost to upgrade to Y+? WHen you book Y awards they won't book into Y+. Also, there is a co pay to upgrade using miles too.
By Y+, are you referring to Premium Economy? If so, the only flight that I'm even considering is from DFW (772). I didn't inquire about upgrading to Premium Economy because I had all but ruled out flying via DFW, but I'm wondering if I should take another look at it. I'm going to see if my wife wants to just stay at a hotel next to PHL the night prior so that we could easily handle a 7am flight (PHL-DFW-OGG). Of course, I can't find a single seat map for this particular 777-200 v4 outside of what AA shows when browsing flights. I just have to decide whether or not this is going to make that much of a difference in terms of comfort for an even longer flight as opposed to an A321B flying from LAX.

The mileage and upgrade fee to first class from [paid] economy isn't really an issue for me, though it's starting to look like I may wind up simply biting the bullet and grabbing AAnytime economy tickets now and letting ExpertFlyer check for availability in MileSAAver Economy or First (can't imagine the fee is high enough to dissuade me from doing that).

This was much simpler when flying off-peak, that's for sure.