FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points disappear and are not refunded back - new low from Hilton
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:48 am
umustbjokim

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
I've been dealing with a similar issue. I cancelled 2 room @ 300k each on Nov 23rd - both rooms on same reservation. Only received the points back for one room. Contacted Diamond Desk a week later - the agent could see that 600k had been pulled, but only 300k returned. She said she was going to contect hotel (SJU DT) on my behalf to see what they were going to do. That seemed odd, but okay. Received this reply:
​​​​​​Thank you for taking the time to reach out to share your concerns. It was my pleasure to assist you with the concerns you have expressed with your recent stay. We take your feedback very seriously and will do everything possible to resolve your concerns in a satisfactory manner as quickly as possibl
Please allow us 72 business hours to resolve this matter for you.

A few days later, received this e-mail:
Recently you contacted Hilton with your comments regarding your stay at the Doubletree Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico on January 29, 2019. We understand that the hotel has been in touch with you and we wanted to make sure that your concerns were resolved to your satisfaction.
Please feel free to reply to this message if further assistance is needed.
Thanks for your ongoing loyalty and understanding.

I responded back with a note that matter had not been resovled and I would appreciate help to resolve. Heard.......nothing. Called again on Dec.. 27th, that agent did not understand why hotel had been involved, and opened a case. I believe she said up to 7 - 10 business days to resolve. Five business days, still no points. Hoping I won't need to call again at the end of this week.

I agree with OP that this seems a bit ridiculous.