FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM - YVR to LIM ~US $750 in J Roundtrip
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:11 am
Biscoff27

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I have my trip to MZT coming up this week I got on the same fare sale as the LIM sale, and am on the AM 787-8 both ways from JFK-MEX and MEX-JFK. I just saw on the AM website that only flights departing after 11am serve alcohol. Is this true, it seems very odd for an international flight over 5 hours. The MEX-JFK flight departs at 715am. Has anyone experienced this? jfkeze maybe?

Note: Posted a dedicated thread on Other South American airlines, but there doesn't seem to be too much action over there, so I figured I'd ask here too since you guys monitor the AM prem fare deals. Feel free to post reply over there: Aeromexico No Alcohol before 11am policy
In 2018 I flew AM in J a couple times with some of these fare sales (LAX-MEX-LIM and JFK-MEX-UIO). The LIM-MEX and MEX-JFK legs were both breakfast flights leaving at around 7 AM or so, and I was able to have champagne on each flight. So the policy cannot be too strict.

Regarding vincewy's comment on the catering out of MEX--I could not have had a more different experience. Some of the best tasting food I have had on an airplane, ever. For international business class, it was perhaps a bit less classy then you get in J going to Europe. However, it actually tasted good. If a place near me served the goat cheese tamale I had from MEX-JFK, I would be a regular. Also, I love the Amex Lounge in MEX. Now the catering out of UIO was strange, and the chicken dish I had JFK-MEX was so bad it was inedible.