FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inspirato
Thread: Inspirato
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:01 pm
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nddomer04
Based on what you're saying above, I don't know that Inspirato is going to be a great fit for you. While there may be pet-friendly hotels that Inspirato partners with, the vast majority of Inspirato-only residences do not allow pets. As a member, I view the hotel partners as a value-add. The bread & butter of Inspirato are the exclusive residences and private member-only experiences (Masters, Super Bowl, Wimbledon, Ryder Cup, etc). I've had perfectly fine experiences at a few of the hotel partners booked through Inspirato, but there was nothing different about the stay than had I booked directly through the resort. The prices were lower than direct through the hotel, however. But the residences are a completely different experience. The destination planning team, the on-site concierge team, and the incredible quality of the actual residences are part of what makes Inspirato so special. Certainly there are members who travel differently than I do with my large & young family. But I really think you need to take advantage of a residence at least once a year to make membership worth it....at least at the Family level.

In terms of your second question, 7 night trips are definitely the best pricing. But that's for residences. If you're looking at hotels, the nightly rates should be fairly constant regardless of the number of nights. But if you're only looking for a residence for 2-3 nights, then I agree that Inspirato may not be a great fit.

Of course, all of the above is based on booking Inspirato's rack rates. This all goes out the window with their incredible Jaunt Now & Jaunt 52 programs. These are often much shorter than 7 nights with nightly rates significantly less than what a 7-night trip's nightly average would have been. Frankly, I know plenty of people who have just joined for the Jaunt program, and then they sprinkle in the occasional regular trip. But "Jaunt 52" deals extend from a couple of weeks to a full year in advance and typically range anywhere from about 3 to 9 nights, with most being in the 3 to 7 range. Jaunt Now is for travel within the next 30 days and offers even lower pricing for people who can make quicker travel decisions on available properties. Lastly, "Jaunt Hotels" offers discounts for hotels outside of Inspirato's partnerships.
Thanks so much for the detailed reply (and for the quick response to my PM). You confirmed my suspicions that given my current travel patterns, I'm probably just better off sticking with what I'm doing with hotel bookings and it's not worth it if I won't be taking advantage of the residences. Will certainly keep this on the radar for the future in case circumstances change.