FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Las Vegas, NV
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:52 pm
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Herb687
If you're just looking for rest and relaxation somewhere nice, the location of both the Marriott and Rennaisance by the Convention Center seems lousy. Sure it's off the Strip, but not in a good way.

If I was going to be around Las Vegas, wanted a nice place, was loyal to Marriott, and didn't care about gambling or drinking on the Strip, I'd certainly opt for the JW Marriott.

Would your certificates also work at legacy Starwood properties? Isn't there a Westin at Lake Las Vegas?

(Obviously avoid the regular Westin Las Vegas on Flamingo Rd. It's a dump. Hardly any suites either.)
Thanks for the comment. I agree that the JW seems more tempting than the Marriott or the Ren. It won't matter to us that we're off the strip. What matters most to me is that I like to treat my wife as royally as I can, and I know she gets a kick out of a nice room upgrade, a nice breakfast, and a lounge.

Yes, there is a Westin at Lake Las Vegas. I didn't spot it at first because it didn't come up for me when I searched the Marriott website for Las Vegas hotels. There's a thread in this forum, but info is sketchier.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html

From what I can gather about the Westin Lake Las Vegas:
1. 447 rooms, 46 suites. The basic room is 396 sq ft, a Junior suite is 524 sq ft, and there are higher level suites as well. (I have learned to look at the ratio of suites to total rooms to try to get some sense about the chance of an upgrade.)
2. There is a resort fee. Perhaps half would be waived, perhaps not.
3. No lounge
4. It's a category 3, perhaps because of its location well away from the strip?
5. The hotel was apparently renovated not long ago.
6. As a Plat Premier, we'd probably be offered the breakfast buffet.

(And yes, SNAs do work at legacy Starwood properties. I successfully used 5 SNAs in my own account just last month at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai. We were upgraded to a very spacious suite with a lovely view. It was a big hit with my wife.)