FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:41 pm
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by iemadv
You can credit CX and NZ flights to earn some nice amount of useful RDMs. For the CX deal, if you credit it to AS and value it at least 1.8cpm, you basically fly CX First for free.

Flying Emirates First is nice but no mileage earning potential with having to position to KUL is a dealbreaker for me. If CX and NZ deals were any indication, I'm sure people will likely to find better deals down the road. Just a thought.
Exactly this. I'm considering it as of course Emirates First is tempting - but think I won't pull the trigger because of the lack of mileage earning (and having been to Malaysia and especially Dubai before on too many occasions). There is only a limited amount of $ (and time) available each year, and I do also need to take into account re-qualifying for my FFPs of choice. I tend to prioritise that, as well as going to places I do actually want to visit. Any other fun deals to places I don't much care about are only of secondary importance.

But if the CX, AZ and MH/EK deals are any indication for 2019, we will have a great upcoming year with plenty of other opportunities! It seems that most airlines hired some good new interns to work on their pricing and fare rules