FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:11 pm
100% Green

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Sadly, the spicy Thai noodles were gone from my flight to Beijing. Replaced with a lemongrass ginger chicken with pot stickers. I ordered it hoping it was a close facsimile thereof. NOPE. My goodness was it horrible. I love flavor and spice, but all you could taste was very overpowering ginger and equally over-fragrant lemongrass. (I like both ginger and lemongrass, but this was unbearable).

I don’t send back food—airplane or restaurant. But asked for some paper napkins and quietly wiped the sauce off of my dumplings and chicken. That being said, once I did, I rather enjoyed the dumplings (they called them pot stickers—being pedantic, they were not pot stickers, they never saw a hot pan and were not crispy or ‘burnt’ at all, they were more just like jiaozi). The chicken was “meh” at best.

I later overheard the F/As talking about the “new fish dish”. I almost ordered it, and after their comments praising it, I wish it would have.

Salad was incredibly small and wilted. Seared tuna appetizer was good, and the sundae and dessert bites were definitely the highlights.
Seared tuna is a huge improvement from the salmon appetizer. Re: dessert bites I noticed they switched from apple pie to cherry pie. I had remembered the apple pie being warm, but the cherry wasn't.

Good to know about the pot stickers. They sounded good, but I opted for the fish which didn't disappoint. There were two fish dishes on my menu. I took a photo but it somehow didn't make it to my saved photos. Will try next time I take this route.

I don't know what kind of 'champagne' they are serving on this flight but it's absolute trash.

Also, and this is probably not meant for this, but why after serving food do the flight attendants all go hide in the galley and not continue beverage service? Just because you've handed out bottles of water doesn't mean that people only want a bottle of water for the remainder of a 14 hour flight. I had to go into the galley 3 times (crossing over my seat mate) to request more sparkling water.