FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Las Vegas, NV
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:07 pm
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm scrounging for info and advice. Would appreciate some comments.

My wife has a 40K point free night cert and 1 Suite Night Award request remaining for 2019. We'll be driving home and passing through Las Vegas on a Friday in late May and are thinking that a one night stopover using that 40K certificate might be fun. Since we'll have our car, we could stay off-strip. This is mostly to just relax and hope for a nice room (hopefully a room upgrade) in order to break up a long drive. So, which hotel to pick? Her status is Plat Premier.

I have gleaned the following from FT threads and the Marriott website (and you can correct me if any of this is wrong):
1. The JW Marriott - no concierge lounge, $15 resort fee for Plats, free continental breakfast with an option to upgrade to the full buffet for $10, no parking fee, away from the strip. According to the Marriott website there are 79 suites out of a 469 rooms. Basic rooms seem to be 560 sq feet. We'd get drink coupons, but we're not big drinkers and most of those coupons would go unused.
2. Renaissance - does have a lounge, but it may be closed on Friday evening, lounge breakfast may be fairly plain vanilla, $15 parking fee, only 30 suites out of 518 rooms, basic King room is 395 sq feet.
3. Las Vegas Marriott - all suite, but these are not that grand or impressive from the pictures (380 sq feet), no lounge, has a good full breakfast buffet, $15 parking fee

So....

If you're looking for a one night stopover to make our long drive more leisurely and more fun, and hoping for a chance of a nice room and nice treatment, which would you choose? None of these seem perfect for us. Or should I look at other properties? (I just don't like the idea of using a 40K certificate at a 25K point Vegas hotel.)

Thanks.