FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Marriott/Starwood hotel on Big Island / Kauai?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:02 am
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Since dumping Hyatt a year or so ago, I've been moving full steam ahead with the new SPG/Marriott program. I was already lifetime platinum with SPG so it made the most sense.
I used to hoard points and then every other year redeem for a suite at the GH Kauai for a week or so. Looking for someplace comparable to do this here.
We travel as a group of 6, my family (myself, wife and 2 boys ages 12& 14) and my in laws (healthy mid 70's). So I would like to get a suite for my family and a regular room for the in laws. Places like Hawaii work great because they are a fairly easy flight from ORD and have reliable weather for the most part...also have the ability to do multi generational activities.

I know it's a tough ask, but any suggestions on a replacement for the GH Kauai and the scenario above?!?!?

I think your best bet might be The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas. For 60000 points you can get a large room with a balcony and a kitchenette with a fridge, dishwasher and microwave.

Last time we were at St Regis our friends stayed next door at the Villas with their 2 daughters and really liked it.