FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:07 am
tamara1

Originally Posted by Often1
All GE processing shut down 13 days ago due to a lack of government funding. Means that 42 of your 55 day wait are due to something else. That is by no means unreasonable and it is not even worth giving this another thought until you hit at least 3 months.

That may well get a lot worse as the shut down continues. Not only will there be the ordinary backlog, but for every day the government is shut down the back log gets worse.

There is no way to predict how long an application will take. Could just be that yours was in the wrong queue or that your name and DOB and perhaps other particulars are a close match to someone who is on some "bad" list or other.
Thank you for responding! I totally forgot that the shutdown would have an impact on this. I just don't understand how my husband got approved so quickly when I did his application after mine. It seems like they should be able to pull my SS# and see that I haven't had any legal issues. Most people that I saw posting about this had been approved in 2-4 weeks and I am just worried what could be holding mine up. It's just very strange

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With the government shutdown, I wouldn't expect anything to happen soon. They'll have a backlog for both preapprovals and interviews.

BTW, just to check: Did the GE application fee appear on your credit card bill as expected? [That would seem to be proof that your application was received.]
Yes, the charge showed up like 5 minutes after I applied so they definitely got paid.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 5, 2019 at 8:43 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.