FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:44 am
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by econ
For an upcoming trip in CX F booked with AS miles, is there any benefit (or even possible) to change my FF# on the reservation to my AA (OWE) one at check-in?

Couldn't think of any obvious benefit (not miles earning, get same lounge access), but just wanted to check in case I'm forgetting something.
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Why wait until check-in? You might be able to change it online ahead of time on the CX site. At least I was able to change to a CX FF# after a partner booking.
Originally Posted by Visconti
Can't hurt if you're OWE, but, if you're on F, can't think of any obvious benefit. Regardless of OWE status, as a redemption, you can't select 2A or 2K, which are usually reserved for revenue pax. If not allowed online, as an F pax, you can call and certainly select other seats, which they'll be more than happy to do. Purser will make small talk with each F pax, so the OWE recognition stuff is irrelevant. Lounge invite is on your boarding pax, so OWE again is irrelevant.

I probably wouldn't bother, not really worth the effort, if you're F.
Reporting back. I couldn't change the FF# on the CX website until check-in opened. I did end up changing it during online check-in since I noticed that it gave me the option to do so then. And the above was correct in that I could still not select 2A, so I kept my original seat 1A. 2A ended up being empty anyways, but I thought 1A was perfectly fine.