FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:35 am
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hclee01
I didn't receive the RA renewal email and I guess I am going to be downgraded this year. No challenge was issued earlier. I have done a re-count and my stats are as follows (after all the adjusted stays):

Total Revenue Nights in IHG: 44
Total Revenue Nights in IC: 37
# of IC hotels stayed for year: 6
Total Spent in IC hotels: USD10,142.16
IHG member since: Y2002
IC RA member since: Y2014

I have written to [email protected] to enquire on renewal status given that there are a couple of adjusted stays, and as expected, the response is not very helpful (appended below). Any chance that I can appeal to get a review of the status, as there are a couple of manual adjusted stay that were incorrectly posted and they have given me "goodwill points" after several occasions of incorrectly posted stays.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Dear Mr. hclee01,

Warm greetings from the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center!

Glad to know that you are enjoying the many benefits of the Ambassador and thanks for being a loyal member to InterContinental Hotels and Resorts.

As you know that Royal Ambassador status is extended by invitation only. I'm sorry as even us here at Ambassador Services we have no way of checking who gets to be invited to Royal Ambassador. Rest assured that your InterContinental Hotel stay activities will be closely monitored.

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Thanks for being a valued Royal Ambassador member and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. We look forward to welcoming you at an InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the near future.
i believe the key is IC net spend.

you cld always send an email to senior management.

several here had joy last year, and the year before, with that approach.

all the best.