FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:30 am
techblr

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
Originally Posted by techblr
I'm having similar issue. I have 2 names as my last name with a space in between then. This has created a lot of problems for me in the past and hence I always make sure to use my full last name across all my accounts incl. cc and frequent flier accounts. In this case, BA had my correct legal name: Lastname1 Lastname2, firstname but Chase had only lastname2, firstname. I had it fixed on Chase to match my legal name - so the name on chase matches to BA.

I verified this my transferring points to United which was also blocked before because of name issue. But even after fixing the name, I'm not able to add BA to Chase UR and I get "Special Handling" required message. I read on reddit that you need to have "earned" Avios in the BA account, else it will not accept a transfer. is this true? This is the reason you will not be able to transfer UR points to a newly created BAEC account with no avios earned activity. This is apparently new policy and has been implemented in the last 12 months. My last "earn" activity on my BAEC is 12/2016. i'm not sure if there is a time limit which makes the account "inactive" to recieve transfers. I will talk to BAEC and Chase but want to make sure what resolution others got.

EDIT:

I'm not able to top-op Avios from within BAEC too using Purchase Avios option. I get the following error "We are sorry but to purchase Avios you must have at least one Avios point in your Executive Club account. To find out more about the many ways to collect Avios click here." This is strange because I have 10 Avios in my account as I used most of them for a recent booking. Have written to BAEC - will update here after I get response from them. I think the rejection is coming from BAEC and not Chase because I'm able to xfer UR to my brother's BAEC account who is also an authorized user on my Chase account.
Issue seems to have been fixed after I wrote to BAEC. But I'm yet to receive a response from them. It was indeed NAME issue and probably something else too - i gave it a day and now able to add BAEC to my Chase UR account and transfer Avios as well. I transferred 1000 to test it out and it got transferred almost immediately.