FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I did a brief, one-night stay at Ko Olina in the middle of a trip home to visit and stay with family. I stumbled upon a reasonably cheap rate and decided to have dinner out in West Oahu (Monkeypod Grill) and spend the night nearby without having to deal with traffic. Given the late check-in and early check-out, a one-night stay doesn't really make a lot of sense, but we were able to have a very pleasant stay.

We showed up around 2 pm, intending to just hang out at the pool or beach in case our room wasn't ready; luckily, it was. I booked a Deluxe Guest Room (Mountain View) and was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a pool view room on the 4th floor of the Moana Tower. Here's the view from our room:

Of the three, the Moana is farthest from the beach and closest to the road, but it was fine for a short stay. Overall, I found the room to be comfortable and well-furnished. The soundproofing is very good so noise from the pool and morning activities aren't heard at all. Having a small kitchenette was very convenient for keeping drinks and fruit cold; we brought some groceries with us to have a nice morning breakfast. I was impressed that the bath amenities are from local vendor Malie Organics; their products aren't cheap and of pretty high quality (I estimate there was $50 of amenities provided). https://www.malie.com/

Surf was up, so the water in the lagoon was murky. It was still safe to swim, though. We hung out at the quiet pool and had no problems finding lounge chairs in the afternoon or the next morning. I checked out after breakfast and was given a set of temporary keys to use to access the lagoon and spa facilities for lockers and showers. I was also advised that the parking card given to me would work until 11 p.m. which was nice. I just left our bags in the car while we hung out by the pool before heading back to town.

Overall, I was very impressed by the property. The grounds and facilities are well-kept and the staff are very friendly and I would certainly recommend it for a longer stay and for folks looking to spend a lot of time on the property and surrounding area. Most importantly, I was able to avoid any hard time share sell attempts during my time on the property.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 5, 2019 at 8:48 am