FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very poor food - template BA response
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:54 am
CharlotteC

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I agree that the timelines seem too short in this case for food poisoning from that meal, though it may have been non food but still flight related (i.e. noro, which is pretty quick). However if BA's crew suspected there was a problem, reheating food again to somehow "deal" with a problem is against the food handling protocols that I'm familiar with, not least due to the risk of cross contamination. If there is a perceived risk - into the bin it goes! It's fine if the crew had kept it in the original packaging and decided to give the items a few more minutes directly after the first cook, but once it gets to a passenger's table I don't think it should be returned to the oven. I appreciate this causes a customer service issue of some proportion on a longish flight. Either way, however, it shouldn't be dangerous to eat so long as it was properly cooked and then secured throughout before serving.

But it still needs to be mentioned to BA in case there were wider issues, there's also Twitter / DM.
As other people have said it is very difficult to prove that food poisoning came from a particular source. The onus would be on you - you would need to be tested at that time as presumably no evidence remains? Horrible being ill I have had food poisoning from restaurants and other places some were aggressive in their denial that they were the source and some very apologetic. I would tweet and see if anybody else had similar symptoms from that flight it would then be easier to back to BA, that being said so many people just seek compensation that you would need to be careful that your responses weren’t just jumping on your bandwagon