FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get best deal in J to Sydney
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:50 am
DFB_london
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by blawson
I am looking to go to Sydney next October/November - hopefully in J. Probably leave in the last 2 weeks of October for 3 week trip.

They cheapest "deal" at the moment i can find is approx 2150 out of Oslo or Stockholm on Qatar which i quite fancy.

Is that a "good" price? We will be starting the trip in Edinburgh - any other options people have used/recommend?

Anyone know if these prices allow for a couple of days stop over?
when QR have sales it’s often only on some flights. In the end it’s worth what you think it is worth paying... and only you know that.

three pieces of advice though.

check the QR aircraft type carefully. In J the 787 and 350 and 380 are good. (The 350-1000 have Q suites, some 350-900 also do) There should be no A330 on any sector from Stockholm or to Sydney but those are best avoided, as are 777 operated flights. Some might be Q suite but many are not for the 777.

on timing the QR evening arrival into Sydney (or for that matter QR or JL into Melbourne) is much better for jet lag than the double overnights and v early arrivals. (Immigration also less of a zoo and no waiting for the hotel room for 8 hours).

on your connection- Stockholm can have snowstorms from October onwards and early ones even catch Swedes out. Don’t rely on a 90 minute off BA then onto QR connection on different tickets. Maybe even overnight in Stockholm- not just the airport Clarion hotel- it’s a great city.