FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Props to Delta on tight connection
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:47 pm
hotshot265

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Props to Delta on tight connection

So this impressed me last night....

Traveling on 1/2/19 from ATW to PHX via DTW. Outbound flight ended up being over an hour late departing ATW due to late inbound and de-icing. I arrived at B10 at 8:15pm and my connection to PHX departed A64 at 8:35pm. I had to pink tag my small roller bag but opted to abandon it at the gate in DTW and haul-... to make my flight to PHX as I had meeing to make first thing this morning. I stopped and asked the GA on my way out about what would happen if I abandoned my gate checked carry-on in order to make my flight, as the extra 5 minutes may have the difference in making it or not. She said she said usually it is turned in as a lost item, but she would tag it and send it on to Phoneix later. Normally on this type of a tight connection, I don't bother to rush to try an make my flight and just take the next flight or get a room and go the next day, but I needed to make the meeting in the morning. Knowing my flight was a pretty light load, I figured they would play the 15 minute rule and close the door early. I arrived at the gate at about 8:25 expecting the to see the door closed, and much to my surprise the GA at A64 said "great you made it". I was the last person on, the GA followed me down, passed the paper work and closed the door. We left actually a minute or two early.

As I was leaving the baggage office in PHX after filing my claim for a lost bag, I walk past the carousel and low and behold there is my roller bag going by. WOW...the GA managed to get my pink tag bag pulled, tagged, sent from B10 to A64 and loaded almost as fast as I ran from the gate to gate. I am certain for sure that had I waited for my bag at the end of the jet bridge and then made the dash the door would have been closed.

Worth a JWD cert to the agent at B10 last night! I know there are several posts about Delta shafting people on connections...but they definitely did me a good one last night.

Thanks!