FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA OnBusiness - Major Inconsistency in T&Cs
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:56 pm
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by greyt
Personally I value 1 OB point as the equivalent of 2 Avios.

My my use of them is mainly to open up additional availability on long haul WTP and Club when Avios redemptions are not available and short haul Coach in USA.
Interesting valuation, but personally I think they are valued at a far higher level, as they are much harder to earn.

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
They only have a value when you intend to use them. I would purchase a cash ticket that has similar fare conditions to an OB funded ticket and for which OB points could have been used at the time. I would then claim for the cash as BA’s breach in failing to adhere to the terms has led you to have to use alternative means to purchase the ticket.
That's an interesting angle, and perhaps what I will move on to if the lady who heads up OB, is not willing to offer me what I have asked.

Originally Posted by stevie
I gave up a few years ago with this scheme. Joke.
I agree that it isn't as good as it was a few years ago, but better to do something with the Points than nothing.

M