FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:15 am
bobert24

Some interesting datapoints related to chat. I had a good bit of time today that I was going to be waiting in front of the computer, so I figured it was a good time to chat.

I had a lot to do today (several old cards to close, a couple matches to request) across multiple login accounts. It took 5 chats to get 2 matches - the other 3 reps said I'd need to call in to get the match (and they all provided different numbers). I couldn't tell if it was lack of ability/rights in the system, or lack of knowledge that they could actually submit the request themselves. It did seem like some of them were from different areas/departments than others.

I also had 6 cards I needed to close. I tried 9 chats, and managed to close 4 cards. The last two cards apparently had something in the system that just would not let the reps close them. They said I'd need to call in and provide verbal confirmation, and by the time we got done, I believed them. I thought maybe it had something to do with how new the cards were, but I managed to close a newer card on one account than one I wasn't able to close on another account.

No earth-shattering news here, but just a confirmation that HUCA does often work on chat. Not every time, but it's definitely worth trying.