FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:08 am
Rojo

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

If someone cancels their tickets do us all a favor and try changing it first and see what happens.
Why ask a random person to try changing its ticket if you can do it yourself on CX website (only if you booked through CX booking channels). Just go to "Manage Booking" and select "Change Booking". All you have to do is select your new dates and it will give you flight options. Once you hit continue, it will re-price and show you the total you have to pay to change the ticket. You don't have to finish the transaction, just hit go back to manage booking.

Originally Posted by ms101
I just tried to change my booking to see if I can change my HKG-HAN flight as I'm booked on VN since there is a mild panic that my parents won't be able to access the first class lounge because they have an 8 hour layover. CX is quoting me USD199.98 for two people to change the HKG-HAN sector onto Cathay Dragon metal. Contemplating doing this but scared to risk my booking. Any advice?

Also from what I understand, I don't have to worry about my parents entering and exiting the country as they do not require visas anyway right? (the only benefit of being SEAsian and yes i've checked phew)
CX doesn't have control over VN's inventory so they can't Zero out the premium discounted fares. Your fare must have a $100 change fee per passenger and it is not re-pricing since there is availability on the same inventory from your original ticket