FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:56 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Lots of understandable speculation and interest here (which I share) re whether it will be possible to change travel dates for simply the $100 change fee. Right now it seems very unlikely, given that (as I understand it) the A fare (and equivalent business class fares) is mostly or completely unavailable for the routes for which this great deal was offered.

But for those seeking a glimmer of hope, here's a post (#143) from the other thread discussing this situation, over at the CX forum:

CX is indeed heavily restricting F inventory, though I'm not sure that's entirely intentional. When I was on the yield team in RM, there was a mechanism that automatically pushes the inventory upwards, or gates a certain fare class when there is usually high demand. I suspect that the strong restriction on A is a result of such mechanism kicking in, and availability should normalize in the next few weeks once the system picks up on the lack of demand

I don't know enough to know whether this expectation is in fact valid, but thought I'd share it here.

And here's the thread itself, which provides some useful information and interesting perspectives:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...nam-us-10.html