FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:45 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by danger
Just to be clear, are you saying that a change prior to departure of the first flight only incurs the USD100 change fee, not re-pricing (the issue of fare bucket availability aside)?

Thanks for posting this. The Vietnam Embassy in Australia wants AUD140 for a multi-entry visa so this will save some money. I assume there's no multi-entry option so it would be necessary to order two single entries which is still quite a bit cheaper.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
The terminology is confusing.
Evisa just means you register online and get to print it out yourself. You NEED to have a physical copy as they will request it. You do not have to go through the waiting process for the "visa on arrival" desk. You just go through immigration like everybody else.
Evisa is only one time. There is no multiple entry. However, they are pretty good at getting it done within a few days, as the websites states.

If you got the multi-entry yes, you wouldn't need another evisa. You would need to wait that first time to get your visa, however, which could easily be half an hour. And with the evisa there is no more waiting at the desk anyway, so you are not saving any time. You are wasting time. I did the multiple entry visa, and now think it is a waste of time (and about the same price, it is $25 per evisa, $50 for multiple entry 1 month visa with $10 stamp fee I paid for some agency online to create me a letter).
(if you are also worried about passport space you would save space with the evisa as well, because you don't get a whole page taken up by the visa)
Thanks for this additional information. Evisa it is!