FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:08 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NYC_Girl
What has been your experience with the Platinum Liaison since the merger? My experience has gone from great to decidedly mediocre. Since the merger, the responses that I receive from Platinum Liaison range from "we don't know" to "we can't do that", all for tasks that were instantly done in the past.

For instance, I asked for help with a billing question (not answered by the property), and the agent basically shrugged. I asked someone else about missing points, and was told "I don't know". I asked for a supervisor, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Am I having bad luck - or is this a trend?
The impression I'm getting is they have merged the two programs but they haven't gone out of their way to retrain the lot. So if you have a question regarding what was an SPG benefit and get a MR staff member, they don't know and vice versa. Sometimes it helps to ask which side of the house they came from and use HUCA to try and get someone that knows about what you are calling about. Very sad state of affairs. Just seems Marriott feels all CSRs are interchangeable.