FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huge delays due to tribalfusion
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:32 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
Your IT department blocked the flyertalk domain on the company router because of the ads from Tribalfusion? This makes no sense to me.

Really, from what we can see the reactions here are way out of proportion to the problems at TF. Most of the major ad companies have experienced problems in the last few weeks, so the issues are not isolated at TF.
Yes, the IT department blocked access to FT (using my own computer at teh moment). I just showed them your post above and they told me with comments like that I should just stay away from FT. Of course, I told them you are not a techie and that that site is important to me (I carry weight around here so I can get them to try and solve my problems.)

They tell me the problem is that the site is holding open one of their fire wall scanning ports and never times out or closes, as the site keeps sending a hold for traffic handshake ever few seconds, but never sends any other traffic. Also, the site is trying to scan for cookies and or ports causing the fire wall to alarm and this is a sign of hacking....

So, I really don't mind the adds, but please change add companies!