FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:17 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have absolutely zero idea how the Visa program works for US citizens. I need one visa to get into SGN, and probably another to present to staff at JFK before boarding? However I plan to get off in HKG, so do I need to buy multiple entry? Is it wise to just buy 1 evisa and tell them I’m getting the other one on arrival? A friend of mine who just came back from Vietnam said Asiana wouldn’t let him on the plane and asked him for his visa.
If you really intend to drop the segment then you can just as well get creative and design one yourself that looks like the real deal.

A check-in agent at JFK won't know how a VOA Confirmation for every single country looks like at any given time and there is no way for them to live confirm the validity of it since it's not an ETA.

What I did for RGN: I had ONE Visa that I used for three months on multiple trips as I was able to "transit" at RGN each time, at least inofficially [the TG ground staff let me through the glass door into the departure gate and disappeared with my passport, then came back with my boarding passes). If your airport in VN has a transit zone and you don't want to enter the country then one legitimate visa is sufficient even if you never use it.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jan 3, 2019 at 5:22 am