FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:06 am
mapleaves

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Do AA lounge dragons know CX F pax get First Flagship Dining? This is the first I’ve heard of this, and good news for me. Also people who are talking about the AA Flagship, did you go to the F dining area which is the cordoned off area in the back that’s only accessible with a slip you get at the front? Not the buffet for J passengers.

Some prefer the Qantas F lounge in LAX. Some prefer the AA F Flagship Dining Lounge. I personally think the AA F section of the lounge is much better than QF. It’s newer, quieter, way less crowded since the QF lounge caters to ALL of OW it can get busy during rush hour times. Lots of times you’ll have to flag down waiters during the busy times in QF. The food is better in the AA lounge imho, and definitely the service is better since everytime I’ve been in the AA F lounge it’s usually me, and one other person.

The QF lounge service is terrible. They claim the waiters get “swissotel training” or some other BS. But I had a long layover and had a long conversation with the bartender in the QF lounge once and he told me literally everything. They’ll hire anyone off the street who has little to no experience and get them working right away since America isn’t a tipping culture, the tips are terrible and nobody with luxury experience wants to work in that lounge (the US QF). This would explain the service discrepancies between QF Australia and the QF LAX lounge. I’ve found the service in Australia to be impeccable but LAX doesn’t even seem like the same league and the tipping would explain that. The shower suites are also much better, bigger, and newer in AA.

Show up early for the flight. If you’re traveling in F, I’d personally go to both lounges as they are connected without having to go back through security now that they opened the tunnels connecting terminals and you can try both lounges. They are both a treat. If you’re in J out of LAX don’t expect to be wowed but still worth showing up slightly early to try both lounges.
thanks both of you! Will check out both lounges during my transit!