FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So Did Hot Bites Officially Bite The Dust?or is the Report of Their Demise Premature?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:10 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by totorn
I loved the hot bites, but my experience is the same as everyone else. Since I don’t like the tomato soup+grilled cheese, I am often left with no warm option.
On SFO to Europe and SFO to Japan, I am usually stuck with the remainders of the desert cart. I am sometimes lucky between the west coast and HKG or Sydney, where I sometimes can get a hot rice dish.

Above all, I miss the lobster Mac n Cheese days, the PJs on 8+ hour flights, the good chocolates before takeoff (as opposed to the way-too-sweet ones before landing), the nice cart with the initial drinks, the champagne that is not hidden from our view... Polaris sure has changed a lot recently, and it is not only the warm bites. Does anyone really believe that these changes are really the result of customer feedback?

Happy New Year!
Originally Posted by totorn
Does anyone really believe that these changes are really the result of customer feedback?
Originally Posted by fly18725
Pretty easy to look in the carts at the end of the flight and see what wasn't eaten.
Amazing how United removes them from the menu...many FAs don't seem to know about them....and then there are many left in the carts at the end of the flight.
Almost like it was done on purpose.

Customer feedback or creative shifting of demand....end result is the same.