FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Bump Rates; compensation for VDB / Voluntary Denied Boarding (master thread)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:04 pm
dici

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by ryan182
Thanks for the extra info ^ Wonder if it will evolve to handle situations where they offer something straight away with a confirmed change for situations where its clear they are oversold. In the post-UA Dr dragging era the gate lottery for volunteers can get rich, I scored a 2K voucher from DL on a SEA-YVR flight this year which was hilarious (think I paid $400 for the R/T in F, I was booked on AS in F 3 hours later), so if done properly it could save the airlines from needing to increase the offer at the gate and get flights out quicker since they won't need to keep increasing the offer until enough people bite.
ya it is ridiculous. Last year march when i was in Bozeman, then DL outbound flight was oversold by 4. I heard the gate start to offer from $500 for volunteer until $1500 before I boarded my AA outbound flight. Not sure if anyone bite it at that point. But $1500 is a very good offer even it was amazon voucher