FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:57 pm
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by RB211
Yes, I think if you had provided a little more information with the first question the conversation would have been half as long, or shorter. (I think business vs pleasure is on the CBP Form 6059B so they know the first answer already!) The terse answers and lack of volunteering of related information does seem like you're leading them into a game of "20 Questions" (or hiding something) which hardly ever gets a good reaction.

I'll refrain from making comparisons of various branches of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, as it's probably OT and probably won't end well!

rb211.
quite possibly, but 1. I was fatigued from travelling, 2. Sharing too much information can also have a negative effect like you are trying to over-compensate (and tell your cover story ASAP) and 3. If you want more information, ask an open question.

In any case, his attitude instantly changed once he found id taken the queen shilling and perhaps a little flirting too.

Still, no harm done and no cavity search conducted.