FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:14 pm
Soccerjoshj07

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I would make each reservation for one night, using your certs, then have the hotel combine the reservations when you arrive. (I don't think you can apply multiple certs to a single reservation online.)

As a Plat, you'd naturally be in the mix for an upgrade - it's easier to get an upgrade for a one night reservation (which you then combine with your other nights upon arrival) than it is to score an upgraded room for multiple consecutive nights (in my experience.)
thank for the reply. For some reason I can make a 3 and 2 day reservation including the Thursday night at this place, but not the Thursday night individually. Might just be some glitch.

I recall all being able to use my 2 Ritz 60k night certificates on the same reservation (I did do it by calling initially) so maybe in the new Marriott you can do this now.

Can you explain the upgrade thing though? If they give you an upgrade and it’s not available for the whole stay, you wouldn’t get the upgrade then? Or are you saying they’re just more likely to give an upgrade seeing you’re only there one night initially?