FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreadful SYD T3 Lounge makes me long for an Admirals Club or even a United Club
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:55 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Dreadful SYD T3 Lounge makes me long for an Admirals Club or even a United Club

In between our New Years Eve flights from Hobart to Hamilton Island, we planned on visiting the T3 Qantas Club.

Unfortunately, at the top of the escalator, the Qantas Club dragon informed us that the Club was temporarily closed for maintenance. When I inquire whether "temporarily" meant 30 minutes or a few hours, she replied "a few weeks". LOL. I'm thinking that a sign would be a little cheaper. Just saying.

We were directed down a long narrow corridor to the Business Lounge.

Past something called the Private Lounge, where a snooty dragon informed me that the lounge was indeed private and/or for Chairman's Club members.

Unfortunately, the Qantas Business Lounge was one of the sorriest lounges I've seen in a long time. When you start to miss the Admirals Club or even a United Club, you know this is bad lounge. Tons of people. But very few power outlets. Yeah, who needs to recharge personal devices.

The most notable thing about walking around the lounge was how utterly and disgustingly flithy the place was. Maybe staff only cleans up once a week. This is only a sample at 9am, prompting me ask the dragon if there was another Qantas Club or First Class Lounge available to One World Emeralds for domestic flights. She seemed genuinely taken aback when I opined that "this lounge is disgusting".

And then there was the food offerings and the masses jockeying for position to scoop up the slop being offered.

Just love the perfect-size-for-a-horse carrots.

Add in uncomfortable QantasLink 717 J seats and I'm thinking I should have flown Virgin.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Jan 11, 2019 at 12:00 am