FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Choice BRG - SCAM
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:19 am
ChoiceHotels
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by kaffir76
So here we go - the reply from BRG team :

Hello Kaffir76,
I am glad you are interested in the Lowest Price Guarantee program! After reviewing your claim, I see that the competing website is offering a higher rate than the reservation made with Choice Hotels. As a result, the claim is not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee program.
If you find a rate lower than your reserved Choice Hotel on a competing website, you are welcome to resubmit your claim form and we’ll be happy to process your request at that time! Please visit our terms & conditions page for a full list of qualifications, or if you have any additional questions about the Lowest Price Guarantee program.
We hope to welcome you at a Choice hotel soon!
Mike
Lowest Price Guarantee

Sent: Sun Dec 30 2018 11:27:00 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
To:
Subject: Best Internet Rate Guarantee Report

Thank you for contacting Choice Hotels International

Your request will be researched, and you will receive a response from us within 48 hours.

Rate Information

Confirmation Number:

Check-in Date:Nov xx, 2019
Choice Booked Rate 87.00 USD
Lower Rate: 80.00 USD
Found at:
https://www.agoda.com

I had to read the email twice more & still cannot figure out how $87 < $80?
I've replied & sent another print screen of the website & the rate is now $74
I'm certain the BRG team will try every means to deny as many claims as possible, it just seems like a futile exercise if they can't be certain that they are offering the lowest rates online.
This just discourages customer from booking direct on the Choice website, instead choosing to book via 3rd party sites.
It's a loss of 20% revenue for them.
Hello kaffir76,

Thank you for sharing these details regarding your recent Lowest Price Guarantee claim. I’m sorry to hear that your claim was not approved for the program. When submitting a claim for a lower rate on a competing website, the room you’ve confirmed must match exactly with the room you have found online for a lower rate. This includes the room itself and all included amenities, guarantee policy, and cancelation policy. The rate must also be lower at the time of our Lowest Price Guarantee teams investigation. If they find that any of these details does not match accordingly, the submitted claim will be denied.

If you would like to send us a private message with your booking details and your name, we would be happy to work with our Lowest Price Guarantee team to review your claim once more.

Thank you again for sharing this information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

Jose A.

Executive Guest Services

CC: 9307571