FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: 2019 MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:38 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yminev
Hello All. Happy new year : )

After looking at some flight options, I started to get frustrated with the change in logic for award availability. In short, I am looking for a connection GVA-LHR-PHL-MHT. The only option that comes up as Milesaaver is with 6 hrs in PHL.

However, if checking by segment, GVA-LHR-PHL and PHL-MHT are both available on a good itinerary with 2.5hr connection time in PHL. Earlier this week, this same more convenient option showed up as a connection as well on a direct GVA-MHT search.

Is there any tricks to help me get what I want? Would you advise that I just book them as a separate award tickets on the same PNR by paying the extra miles for PHL-MHT? I am aware I can do a stand by, but don't want to risk it

Thank you!
It might not work, but you could try using the multi-city award-booking engine to put GVA-PHL on hold, and the specific PHL-MHT flight you want on hold. Then, call AA and see if the agent is able to reprice the entire itinerary as a single award.

Of course, if you purchase GVA-PHL now with the long connection, and the earlier PHL-MHT flight becomes available for a married-segment award, you should be able to switch to the earlier flight at no charge.