FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport/Visa not valid message for tomorrow’s flight - help
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:51 am
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by etiene
Updating the profile won't have automatically overwritten the details attached to the booking when it was made - so the booking still saw that you didn't have enough validity left when you went to check in. AIUI you would have to manually change all existing bookings separately.

Check in agent was correct, though perhaps could have been more understanding in informing you...? No lasting harm done though.
Why was the check in agent correct as they asked for a visa that wasn’t required.

In my opinion an an example of BA IT at its finest. If I store my DOB, passport number, seating and meal preferences in my profile and change one of the latter ones, I’d be expecting this to filter through to my forward bookings or there to be at least a refresh button in MMB to filter this information through otherwise what is the point of storing this API if it doesn’t feed through to bookings you might as well enter it every time which might be cumbersome for people who fly a lot.

Last edited by KeaneJohn; Jan 1, 2019 at 9:41 am