FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - INTL to INTL Connection ATL
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:49 am
Charolastra

Delta ATL: International to International connection + Minute Suites (Weird question)

Hi, FlyerTalk folks! Long-time listener, first-time caller with a bit of a specific question.

My boyfriend and I have splurged on a vacation to Cartagena, Colombia. We live in Seoul, so we'll be flying out of Seoul with an overnight connection in Atlanta. (ICN-ATL-CTG).

Now, here's where stuff gets tricky: We had planned to just stay at an airport hotel overnight. However, unbeknownst to us as Americans overseas, we didn't realize that this itinerary has us staying overnight in Atlanta the weekend of the Super Bowl! Airport hotels are $500+ for the night, and there's no way we can afford that.

So in an attempt to salvage this itinerary, we've made an 8-hour overnight reservation at the "Minute Suites" in Terminal B. However, I'm wondering if we will be able to get to Terminal B right after our first flight (to stay overnight in the Minute Suites) as international transfer passengers with a flight the next day. Sorry for the wall of text, but my questions are as follows:

1) As passengers connecting from one international flight to another, do we have to clear customs/immigration, go through international arrivals, and then go back through the same security line as people checking in from ATL in order to get from the international terminal to Terminal B?
2) If we do get spat out at International Arrivals and have to do this, can we even go through security / immigration with a departure date/time more than 12 hours in the future?
3) Is it possible to make this work?!

For further info, this is our itinerary:
DL46 ICN to ATL: Arrives ATL @ 6:30 PM 2/1
DL989 ATL to CTG: Departs ATL @ 9:48 AM 2/2

Thanks so much for your wisdom, frequent flyers!

Last edited by Charolastra; Jan 1, 2019 at 4:17 am Reason: Adding a little additional info!