FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM - YVR to LIM ~US $750 in J Roundtrip
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:41 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat
The DL Y-Up fares are valid from YVR YYC YWG YOW and YYZ. All route through ATL-LIM on 767 D1 lie flat. Although you don’t get great redeemable miles, if you’re going for an MQM mileage run, the routing table is amazing. I booked YYZ-SLC-ATL-LIM-ATL-JFK-SEA-YYC-YYZ. The SLC-ATL is A330 DomF lie flat and JFK-SEA is 757 D1 domestic lieflat. Only economy segment is YYC-YYZ due to WS. Over 20k MQMs. If you’re looking for a 24 hour layover in New York, you can get one on most days (ITA Matrix). Approx 5 cpm and in J!

Clarification on my previous post. My routing above is 2 tickets, 1st is 006 Delta ticket that is basically an open-jaw YYZ-LIM, LIM-YYC. I'm in YYC for 4 days. 2nd ticket is a Westjet ticket YYC-YYZ.

I got a few PM's asking about legal routings on the fare. I needed to go to Calgary so my entire trip was intended to be a mileage run to get to Calgary. My fare basis on DL YYZ-LIM is XLNJ8SFW (only allows SLC as far west routing) and LIM-YYC is XLXA3SFW (this one allows the JFK-SEA routing) which is basically an open jaw YYZ-LIM-YYC. I got a one-way with WS's boxing day sale at 30% off coupon for EconoFlex (B class - 100% MQM on DL) for $138. I don't want people looking in vain for the YYC-YYZ route on the DL fare basis. Also, the DL fare is the same base as the AM fare, but has a YR fuel surcharge. My total fare on the DL YYZ-LIM-YYC ticket was $1169 which still made sense for me despite the high YR considering I had to go to Calgary anyway and I am going for Diamond in 2019 with an excellent CPM.

Just checked and the DL fare is still valid til 21JAN.

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
FROM CANADA - PERMITTED 24DEC THROUGH 01JAN OR 09JAN THROUGH 11FEB OR 13MAR THROUGH 08JUL OR 11AUG THROUGH 12DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.
TO CANADA - PERMITTED 24DEC THROUGH 25DEC OR 31DEC THROUGH 01JAN OR 14JAN THROUGH 29JUN OR 06AUG THROUGH 18DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 21JAN 19.

Last edited by Utskicat; Dec 31, 2018 at 7:43 pm Reason: typo