FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:48 pm
Kamalaasaa

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I got in very late (almost midnight) on 12/29, got bag off carousel, put it in trunk, got home and discovered the front pocket was messed up (the zipper is stripped, basically, with the pocket gaping open and unclose-able, and the pull is missing from the zipper head – I don't know the technical terms for all those things LOL).

I called AA, waited for a callback (which came around 1:30 AM), and they said to call 800-866-4010 when they opened to report it.

Long story short, I tried on both 12/30 and 12/31 to reach someone at the 800 number and have not been able to (when I called I was either in the hold queue forever, with no one ever picking up, or else I got a message that they were closed for the holiday – I guess New Year's Eve is a holiday too now). Will they still take my claim? Or will credit card travel insurance cover this?

What adds insult to injury here is that the damaged bag was one of two AA replaced earlier this year! And the two bags that were replaced were damaged on the same trip (one outbound, one return).