FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:23 pm
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I'm now not getting any results shown at all, using the list of departure points stated upthread

I'm trying to find the cheapest EU departure point on the following BA & QF itinerary: XXX-LHR-PER/SYD-PER-LHR-XXX as QF9 & 10 are proving very expensive (no surprise there!)

The cheapest I could find otherwise is to depart from ARN/GOT and return to OSL, this is November 2019 BTW.
Originally Posted by Subman
I *think* you are using it wrong?

I'm based in the Midlands.
So I would enter BHX as the starting airport.
Going to Singapore so I enter SIN as the destination. But I don't mind positioning somewhere else in Europe to find a cheaper flight.

I think, it then finds the cheapest of all the ex-eu originating airports, then adds on the price of the positioning flight from BHX to the ex-eu?

Or have i misunderstood?
I have been entering LHR (as it is where I want to fly from) doing the same method as what you suggest @Subman and it is working perfectly for me. I just wish that I could get the flights without the price of the connecting flight LHR-XXX.

@choosethedrew as mentioned by @Subman, you only need to out your airport in, it does the rest for you. Note that it didn't work when I put "LON" and only when I did "LHR".