FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why the LHR to MAN flight change?
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:45 am
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by lhrpete
It's not just MAN, I need to go to NCL on a Friday morning in February, the first departure is at 09.50 as opposed to the more usual 07.15ish.

Maybe BA want to drop domestic services. Schedules like this are reminiscent of BD dropping services and then declaring the route was not profitable when they had made it useless to business travelers who in general are paying higher fares.

I opted to get the train, it will be an earlier start but I'll get there nearer the time I need to and it will be a more relaxed and pleasant journey for less money in F than BA wanted for Y.
Thanks, I’m due to go up to Newcastle in February too so have had a look at this.

it appears the early flight has been dropped for a couple of weeks in february, it is there on the 8th and the 22nd with those early flights priced from £77.

The train will indeed be an early start (first train 0612 arrives 0939), £57 for “F”, although railway F is certainly not equivalent to airline J IMHO, and I think I’d rather fly up the night before than spend over 3 hours on the train.

Good luck with your trip.