FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:49 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
23. It's been a great ski trip in Vail, Colorado but it's time to get back to work. And once again you are headed to San Francisco. You are booked on a nonstop flight to SFO from the Eagle County Airport (EGE) which departs at high noon. Name the airline and the aircraft type.

Where SFO's concerned, I usually think of United but as an inveterate reader of the OAG, I seem to recall American running flights between EGE and the West Coast. So then, let's go with American operating a 727-200

30. If you wanted to fly on board an MD-90 nonstop to Oklahoma City at this time, what airline would you call and what airport would you depart from?

1999? This sounds like Reno Air. Unless it were very late in 1999 in which case I'd have to go with American post merger. The originating airport would likely be Las Vegas.
23. Well, it wasn't American....and it wasn't United, either. Plus the aircraft in question wasn't a 727-200.

However, the equipment was manufactured by Boeing. Please guess again, sir!

30. Ah, it was late in 1999! And American is correct with the McDonnell Douglas MD-90 operated on this flight being an ex-Reno Air aircraft. Here's the complete sched....

AA 2736: Orange County (SNA) 11:39a - 12:38p Las Vegas (LAS) 1:13p - 5:31p Oklahoma City (OKC)

Freq: Daily
Equip: M90
Service classes: F/Y
Meal service: Lunch in F only LAS-OKC