FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access and other Lounge FAQs
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:31 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by lorkers
As a Qantas platinum FF (oneworld Emerald) flying on CX Premium economy HKG to LHR I was surprised to be turned away from the Cathay Pacific First lounge last week at HKG - is this correct?
I received a very firm “You have a Qantas lounge you can use, we suggest you try there”.
I’ve previously accessed the CX F lounge many times without any problems.
To be fair it was insanely busy with a queue behind me - but should I have pushed further?
The Qantas HKG lounge by contrast was wonderfully welcoming, and accepted me, with 2 guests on the same Cathay flight (1 adult, 1 child of 4, plus one infant).
You can tell them you do mind being turned away from something you're entitled to enter, and show them this https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/HKG/-1. You don't have to draw their attention to the second bullet point, let them invoke it if they know about it and wish to.

I had similar problem with YVR BA Galleries (entering as CX J, probably they don't get a lot of people like me who don't want to use their own lounge instead). The gate dragon even opened a binder of training materials, I pointed to the oneworld international Business entry.