FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:17 am
Tintin

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Received an "Annual Fee Notice" from Barclays for my Silver Aviator card. It says an AF of $195 will be billed to my account on 1/31/2019. There is a list of rewards in the letter, which omits the entire EQD benefit (we know that the card will offer 3,000 EQD after $50,000 spending, but it is not listed on the renewal notice), but includes the EQM benefit.

The letter also says, "You may chose to call 866-928-3059 within 45 days of the date printed on this letter to discuss alternative products that may be available or to close your account so that the fee will not be billed." My letter is dated 12/26/2018.

Seems like Barclays don't want to talk about EQD benefit (even when it is an included reward for the card) and want to encourage current Silver card holders to change the product or close the account. I had the same vibe/feeling when I spoke with a customer service representative few weeks ago.

Seems like Silver card has become a liability for Barclays. Barclays stopped offering the Silver card upgrade to the Red card holders few months ago (upgrading is no longer possible). Any guess whats going on?

Have you called to cancel? What response/offer have you received?