FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing tier points / avios on JAL flight
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:49 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Hi, I recently took a JL internal flight as part of a BA itinerary. It's more than 7 days since the flight and on ba.com I just tried submitting a claim for missing avios / tier points on partner flights. However JAL doesn't show on the dropdown list of partner airlines and I have to select 'Other'. This takes you to a form to be filled out and faxed to BA (you read that right). Am I doing something wrong? Any way round this?
I'd suggest you wait another week, because it generally does not credit until Sunday after the cut-off, and if it's Thursday, Friday or Saturday that you flew, it often doesn't credit until Sunday of the following week rather than the one immediately after. I have had JL domestic flights credit nearly 2 weeks after the flight. I suggest not bothering to call or fax anything until at least 2 weeks after the flight, because they may well be credited automatically, which means you'd waste your time, especially for what is likely to be extremely small amount of earnings (unless you flew to Okinawa, it won't earn much because of the small distance).

As for the BA membership number, if you received a small, non-standard size domestic boarding pass, you should see the BAEC membership number in very small letters in the top right hand corner.

JL has a peculiar booking system for domestic flights and I suspect that is why missing Avios claim cannot be processed in a normal way.