FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:18 pm
sorrywereclosed

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm not sure what data point you need unless you expect people to answer your question about every single resort on the list.
Pay at hotel on list= eligible
Advance purchase stay charged by Hilton instead of property itself (i.e., nearly all US stays it seems) = not eligible

I was asking for a specific resort if you look at my original post. I read the wiki already, so I am inquiring with AMEX to see if this issue (bug) has been fixed on advance purchases.

It would be great if there was a list of resorts that would work to clear up some confusion in the Wiki.

Standby as I await for Amex Hilton Liason respond back if the advance purchases will work.

Here is some information from a recent Amex Chat:
Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations – Center Strip comes under eligible participating Hilton Resorts.
Alex - Dec 26, 2018 9:31 PM
Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is also eligible.
Alex - Dec 26, 2018 9:32 PM
Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise also comes under eligible list.
Alex - Dec 26, 2018 9:33 PM
As per the list you have shared, those 3 properties are eligible as per the benefit terms.
Alex - Dec 26, 2018 9:34 PM
great how about Tropicana Doubletree.
You - Dec 26, 2018 9:35 PM
I do not see that property listed comes under eligible list in las vegas.
Alex - Dec 26, 2018 9:36 PM

So there are still some bugs in the system, so that is why I went to investigate it more with askamex through twitter to get some clarification before booking.
I asked, askamex through Twitter, if Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is elliglble?
They said No, but when I sent them the screenshot of view map from the resort website with Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is listed.
Then, Askamex stated, "If resort is located through this tool it is considered eligible."

Another thing I asked, are advanced purchases are eligible? i.e. "Honors discount advance purchase".
Askamex stated, "Yes, Advance purchases are eligible as long as the purchase is made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. Eligible charges include room rates.

So then I asked about "Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessse and will not trigger the credit." from the Wiki. they weren't sure so they will look into it further with Hilton LIason and follow up.

Standby until I get a response.