FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:48 am
Fly Me To The Moon

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
I have not been able to get my 4 SNA returned for an unsuccessful application for Auckland Four Point back in September 2018. Not after multiple calls and emails, and I missed two opportunities to apply them since. Now they are expiring. I wonder if there is any use to pursue the return with the hope that Marriott will extend the 12/31/18 expiration date, if they are ever returned to my account.
I have a slightly different story.

Back in May, I applied three SNAs to a booking in October. Out of the blue, in mid-June, I got an email that that my reservation had been cancelled. I went into my profile to check, and it turns out the hotel had cancelled my original reservation, and had made a new one confirmed into a suite for me (and at the original nightly rate for the base room). The three SNAs (expiry 2018) that I had applied were also returned into my account at that time. So, I was obviously quite happy that the hotel had pre-upgraded me into a suite without my having to use my SNAs.

Then in Sep, due to unexpected change of plans, I had to cancel my trip in October, and thus, cancelled the booking for the suite.

In late-November, I got a surprising email that notified me the three SNAs for my October reservation could not be applied, and they were being returned to me. That's quite strange, I thought, but upon going into my profile to check, indeed there were an "extra" three SNAs in my account with a 2019 expiry date!

Love Marriott IT