FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:50 pm
MasterGeek
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Upon reading this thread on Christmas Eve, I checked my reservation and it showed breakfast included but did not speak to the remainder, so I wrote to the hotel. They responded that nothing is included and proceeded to unilaterally amend my reservation to room only, so for those that think the hotel will provide them with anything, better document it, because they will do whatever they feel like doing.
They offered to reinstate the full board and activities for just $800/night for two of us (2840 AED). I might just hold onto the 5 night reservation until close to the cancellation deadline and let them try to fill it on 30 days notice.
With every interaction I have with Marriott rewards, I become more convinced that I never want to deal with Marriott rewards again. Three transactions this year and three times they have made my travels increasingly stressful. Not what I look for in a loyalty program.
To get back at this hotel for its lame stinginess and retroactive change of reservation from full-board to room-only, one could create dummy Marriott account(s) and make many dummy reservations - of course baked by an empty prepaid card, cancelled or non-existing (lookup Luhn-10) credit card numbers - which would result in a punishment in the form of a bunch of no-shows or last minute cancellations